Clinics & Services
The following services are available:
Chronic Illness Management
We do our utmost to see that patients suffering from the following receive regular screening to ensure optimum control:
- Heart Disease
- Maternity - When you have found out about your pregnancy, you can speak to the receptionist and they will provide you with the initial pregnancy pack, where you will then be able to make an appointment directly with the Midwife.If you did want to see the GP to discuss your pregnancy then you are more than welcome to make an appointment with a GP. Your care will be the responsibility of the community midwife. It is ideal to register the newborn baby after the birth with the GP as soon as possible and we are encouraging parents to please make their first vaccination appointment at this time. The baby will have to have reached 8 weeks. The receptionists will work out the 8th week for you on registering your newborn to the surgery.
- Post Natal Checks - It is advised that both mother and baby should arrange an appointment with the GP, for post natal and a 6 week baby check.
- Well Woman and Well Man Clinics - appointments are available with one of our nurses for checks to be carried out.
- Contraception - advice and services are available by appointment with either a GP or a nurse.
- Minor Ops - our nurses and/or doctors are able to carry out some minor operations such as excisions and cautery at the surgery.
NHS Health Checks - once you have received your invitation for a NHS check, please contact the surgery and let the receptionist know and then they will generate a blood test form, as you need to have this done two weeks prior to your appointment.